Why is X6 so slow?

SteveT

You're right and it's just ridiculous but I'M REALLY GETTING DESPERATE!!  X6 crashes on me regularly.  it's draggy slow and if I don't run as admin it takes up to a full minute to open help.  I wouldn't really care about the help thing as i can just open it once, but the crashing and the lag during use is driving me insane and affecting my productivity and quality of use.  If I could go back to X5 on my current projects I would.

X6 has some nice new features but if i can't use if effectively what's the point??  Is this is??  Do we just deal with it until hopefully X7 works right or is there new updates scheduled??  anyone heard anything??

It's kinda getting silly that we're all looking at our hardware now trying to figure out if it's something with our systems.  let's face it, everybody's computer didn't somehow all go awry spontaneously all at the same time...

Really Blows...  I get that it's a challenge to make software and it's a great program when it works.  The previous versions have been rock solid stable has been my experience so i don't want to be all down on Chief.  I believe in the product and tech has always been very attentive but something is up with X6.

I don't think most of us are having the issues you are.  I'm running X6 just fine on my PC and laptop, and most others I know are having no problems either. 

I'm running X6 on one machine with a i7-920 (2.67GHz) processor and just 6GB memory and have no complaints.

Something with your hardware or software is dragging down your performance.

What are you using for anti-virus\anti-malware software?

Have you tried other Nvidia Drivers? I was having trouble with the latest 332-335 drivers but it was the driver crashing not X6 but things are smooth and crash free on 314.09 . SLI'd 470 GTX and 275GTX here.

M.

You're right and it's just ridiculous but I'M REALLY GETTING DESPERATE!!  X6 crashes on me regularly.  it's draggy slow and if I don't run as admin it takes up to a full minute to open help.  I wouldn't really care about the help thing as i can just open it once, but the crashing and the lag during use is driving me insane and affecting my productivity and quality of use.  If I could go back to X5 on my current projects I would.

X6 has some nice new features but if i can't use if effectively what's the point??  Is this is??  Do we just deal with it until hopefully X7 works right or is there new updates scheduled??  anyone heard anything??

It's kinda getting silly that we're all looking at our hardware now trying to figure out if it's something with our systems.  let's face it, everybody's computer didn't somehow all go awry spontaneously all at the same time...

Really Blows...  I get that it's a challenge to make software and it's a great program when it works.  The previous versions have been rock solid stable has been my experience so i don't want to be all down on Chief.  I believe in the product and tech has always been very attentive but something is up with X6.

So I've installed a second gtx 680 and setup sli. There was a new driver available so I've installed that and I've uninstalled and reinstalled X6. I've run through several operations that seemed to cause instability and haven't had an issue yet.

One question, can you switch back and forth with the same file from PC to Mac or once you create a file in one do you have to stay with that? I did talk to tech but wasn't much help. To tough to diagnose over a phone call

Perry,

Can you tell me which one it is?  I use them frequently.

Thanks

Also... try turning off your undo-redo options in the preferences.

Having it off will make the plan fly like the wind again. Just learn to be decisive when you delete things!