Rendering outfit can't open 3DS

MarkMc

5 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

A client of mine has contracted with a rendering company that is using 3D Max. I sent them a 3DS file and they say they can't open it? any idea why?

Post the 3ds and I'll have a looksie

Thanks RR. It totally unlike me to go off the deep end. Just goes to show how bad it can be when one feels helpless and ignored. My apologies to all of you good people. The fact so many commented some positive and some negative goes to show how much You care and relate. As I said, I don’t hate the program. I just wish I knew then what I know now what Options I have and would’nt even be here. Chief has some pretty nice features it’s just too bad it’s not as complete as others so I’m off to new platform. If anyone is interested in what I am seeing that is not here. Drop me a private msg and I can arrange to send you a video that will blow your minds. Whether you have 1 or as Perry said 4000+ plans, you don’t know what you’re missing.

cheers and success to all!

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrscott said:

Thanks RR. It totally unlike me to go off the deep end. Just goes to show how bad it can be when one feels helpless and ignored. My apologies to all of you good people. The fact so many commented some positive and some negative goes to show how much You care and relate. As I said, I don’t hate the program. I just wish I knew then what I know now what Options I have and would’nt even be here. Chief has some pretty nice features it’s just too bad it’s not as complete as others so I’m off to new platform. If anyone is interested in what I am seeing that is not here. Drop me a private msg and I can arrange to send you a video that will blow your minds. Whether you have 1 or as Perry said 4000+ plans, you don’t know what you’re missing.

cheers and success to all!

You're in the wrong thread

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

Let me know their cost, maybe next time I'll compete ;)

I tried- a few times (I'd be happier), client is north of Boston and wanted local, the outfit she wanted does drone pictures of the site to insert. This is all for presentation to land the job to begin with.

Update. Sent them 3D dwg , a DAE, and another 3DS set to legacy. All but the 3DS worked-they tried Rhino and 3DMax (several versions).

I then took the 3DS, opened it in TurboCad and did a save as and added options-"Preserve loaded 3DS materials, and "Save Keyframe".

Just heard back that they could open that but that "some of the normals were reversed" (which I don't know what that means)

So oddly Chiefs export of 3DS doesn't work properly in 3DMax? Thought CA used 3DMax for symbols?