Frequent crashes in X10 when...

Renerabbitt

Frequently when I have had a plan open and I have been working for a while, I will go to either save the existing plan or open a new one for reference. In the save window, I will often hit ctrl+sh1ft+n to create a new folder for my plan and often times chief crashes.

Also, if in an open window I right click in the window, chief crashes.

I can't reproduce this every time, but it happens A LOT!

I do not use that keyboard command (ever) and so I have no such crashes. That you do is something to report to Tech Support (they love any problems that can easily be repeated on other PC's or Mac's).

If I were you, in the meantime, I would just stop using the keyboard command that causes the crash and alternately use "right-click- New - New Folder" which I use all the time with zero crashes.

DJP

I haven't had this particular problem, but for the last several years there have been issues with cloud backup services.  Chief specifically does not support these systems running in the background while you are running Chief.  I used to get total crashes and lose data with X9 and Google Drive running.  X10 seems to be better (as in glitches but no crashes) but I try to be very careful about turning off Google Drive each morning and restarting it when I leave at the end of the day.

50 minutes ago, BryceEngstrom said:

I haven't had this particular problem, but for the last several years there have been issues with cloud backup services.  Chief specifically does not support these systems running in the background while you are running Chief.  I used to get total crashes and lose data with X9 and Google Drive running.  X10 seems to be better (as in glitches but no crashes) but I try to be very careful about turning off Google Drive each morning and restarting it when I leave at the end of the day.

Google drive will not support co-authoring/file locking/live-authoring, per several tech support agents I've spoken with whereas Microsoft onedrive and dropbox will. My user catalog and all of chief process' are in onedrive and work well for the most part except for this one glitch

I used to get crashes or corrupted files with OneDrive and went completely to Dropbox, which seems to have made all those go away. I've never had a problem with Dropbox. My impression is that OneDrive often has a slight lag time that Dropbox doesn't, which may contribute to the issue. I still use OneDrive for additional backups, but I don't feel confident with its syncing protocols in concurrent use with Chief.