Dimension extension line

ChiefuserMathews

Hello,

1. if I move the dimension out of the room after doing my interior room dimension, i am missing extension line on one side. why is that?

2. if I do the continues interior dimensions for all the room and if i want to move only one dimension out of the room i am not able to move it why?

3. if i want align a dimension to be in one line how that can be achieved?

thank you very much for your reply. as requested attached is a screen shot. I am using X10. The 12'-0" dimension was inside the bedroom. as i moved out extension line is missing (where is now pointing near the door). but if i move further to the right passing the wall corner then the extension line re-appears. Any suggestions

image.thumb.png.ee549ecaf3b726db709ed2da87bf1a88.png

now to question # 2. if i do a series of interior dimensions for couple of rooms and if i want to move only one of the dimension out of one of the room. the program does not allow me. if i move one all the rest of the dimensions in the series moves out as well. any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

now to question # 2. if i do a series of interior dimensions for couple of rooms and if i want to move only one of the dimension out of one of the room. the program does not allow me. if i move one all the rest of the dimensions in the series moves out as well. any suggestions?

I suspect you have drawn a dimension string - it is a single object - you can't manipulate the individual segments. I suggest you download the Reference Manual for the version of Chief you are using, and review the Dimension chapter to gain a complete understanding of the different types of dimensions and how they work. Also, please include the version of Chief you are using in your signature, not in your post (unless your post relates to a deprecated version of Chief).

25 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

thank you very much for your reply. as requested attached is a screen shot. I am using X10. The 12'-0" dimension was inside the bedroom. as i moved out extension line is missing (where is now pointing near the door). but if i move further to the right passing the wall corner then the extension line re-appears. Any suggestions

image.thumb.png.ee549ecaf3b726db709ed2da87bf1a88.png

This is just how Chief behaves - the dimension line is referencing the wall surface, and Chief isn't "smart" enough to realize that the wall surface is not visible due to the door opening, so it doesn't draw an extension line. As far as I know, you can't do anything to prevent this behavior. If it's important enough, as a workaround you could draw a CAD line to act as an extension.