Show thickness of doors/drawers

VRobert

Hello,

I'm new to the Chief Architect software and I have a quick question.

When you place a cabinet in plan, the thickness of the closed door/drawers will not show. When you switch to a perspective view, you can see them. Is there a way in plan view to show the thickness of the doors/drawers when closed?

I have Chief Architect Interiors X10.

Any input is appreciated! Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Edit>Default Settings>Cabinets>General Cabinet>Show Closed Doors/Drawers in Plan Views

Thank you for the quick response!

I was able to show the doors/drawers. If I have a wall panel (partition) next to my cabinet, is it possible to align the front of the doors/drawers with the front of the wall panel? The "Point to Point Move" will not allow me to select the corner of the doors/drawers. I can only select the corner behind the doors/drawers.

Also, when I have a drawer in the cabinet, it shows the drawers dashed inside the cabinets. If I only want to show the thickness of the doors/drawers but not the inside drawers in plan, is this possible?

You can only adjust the door/drawer front overlap in the cabinet DBX but the maximum width is that of the cabinet. One option would be to make the cabinet open and then float a door or drawer front in place and then adjust their widths to cover the end panel. Not sure why you would want to do that if you have a separate panel/partition that the cabinet abuts to.

If you wish to have a cabinet where the side gable is the same as a door panel then you can apply panels from the Cabinet DBX. If you wish these panels to be part of the box then you can save the door profile to your User Library, open the Symbol DBX and change the Y Offset to the door panel thickness plus 1/16" and then use this as your finished side panel, it will now be just like the unfinished cabinet box and the front doors/drawer fronts will overlap as specified under the box construction.

5af0c20c2bb0c_DecorativeGable.thumb.jpg.cd1d755b33f0c2b223ff3e4d935b895a.jpg

You can use "false drawer" instead of drawer box if you don't want to see the boxes but then you can't open them in 3D if you want to.

Move using using Transform replicate and type in a number OR resize to fit properly.

Resized finished.jpg

TRans.jpg

Resize.jpg