Roof Design Problem

ladycoralie

Hi. I have a roof design that isn't quite working at the moment and I'm not sure how to proceed. I've drawn my gables over the main areas where I want them, I don't know whether to add more of them or not. I have a section through the middle and I don't really know what type of roof t put there. The main gable roof along the back won't join with the flatter section beside it. The height of the main living area is 5000 mm. The trusses and roof are protruding into the rooms beside it, but I dont really know what to do about this, Can anyone help with this design please?

Thanks.

Wongawallan_Road.plan

roof overview.jpg

Like Eric said, or at least implied, if your settings are wrong, the resulting model is WRONG always. Chief is a bunch of settings and input boxes so when you allow out of agreement settings to be present you have constant trouble. Get yourself educated and informed as to actual settings in your existing spaces, room dialog boxes, Default Settings etc and then things will make more sense and the plan file will magically smooth out.

The FIRST thing I do when straightening out a .plan file is to check all Default Settings and then make sure all extant object's settings are in agreement with those properly set Default Settings because this is always what is missing with "problem plans".

DJP

• Upvote 2

On 07/05/2018 at 1:09 PM, solver said:

Consider cleaning up the existing roof. You have different pitches (37 and 40 degrees on the main roofs) and various other issues.

ct1.thumb.jpg.281c52b5d5c22d6d050cf6878837af61.jpg

Here are 2 ideas. One covers the porch, one does not.

ct3.thumb.jpg.638cda3d437fa126d8003fcac4b9b678.jpgct2.thumb.jpg.55132002d467f73b54b4911372539ade.jpg

Thanks solver, I'm working on it and will let you know what happens.

I went around and checked the pitches and think I've got them right now.

Cheers

Coralie

17 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Like Eric said, or at least implied, if your settings are wrong, the resulting model is WRONG always. Chief is a bunch of settings and input boxes so when you allow out of agreement settings to be present you have constant trouble. Get yourself educated and informed as to actual settings in your existing spaces, room dialog boxes, Default Settings etc and then things will make more sense and the plan file will magically smooth out.

The FIRST thing I do when straightening out a .plan file is to check all Default Settings and then make sure all extant object's settings are in agreement with those properly set Default Settings because this is always what is missing with "problem plans".

DJP

Thanks David,

I will go around and check out all the default settings as you suggested.

Cheers

Coralie