Floor finish edge on Open Below Room

boxerprod

1 hour ago, solver said:

You cannot change just the edge. You will need to cover it with something -- a room molding polyline might work well.

I have never needed to do this.

Post the plan and Eric will probably give you a much better answer.

This is done with setting the railing to "Generate On Low Platform" and moving the Floor finish to the Floor Structure.  Not really sure what is going on with the end wall unless that is a railing wall.  Post your plan and someone will have a go and fix it.

Open Below Rail.jpg

22 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

This is done with setting the railing to "Generate On Low Platform" and moving the Floor finish to the Floor Structure.  Not really sure what is going on with the end wall unless that is a railing wall.  Post your plan and someone will have a go and fix it.

Open Below Rail.jpg

I disagree with this answer also.  If this was the case.....  what defines the material at the edge?  It is defined by the wall type finish.  I wonder what wall type he is using.  

If this is the answer, I would be learning something new.  I wish he would post the plan.

Scott,  Here is the default wall type I think.  Please clarify what it is you are disagreeing with.  The edge material is the drywall that is defined by the wall type but it only seems to go up to the bottom of the floor finish layer or the top of the structure layer.  Is there a better solution ?

Railing .JPG

3 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Is your open below room using defaults? I don't ever have to patch that, it should be automatic for you. It seems to me that there is a setting wrong

Yes , i did not change anything on my side from what i remember.

3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Scott,  Here is the default wall type I think.  Please clarify what it is you are disagreeing with.  The edge material is the drywall that is defined by the wall type but it only seems to go up to the bottom of the floor finish layer or the top of the structure layer.  Is there a better solution ?

Railing .JPG

Im not at office to check.  The wall type is correct but I have a feeling that is not the wall type he is using.  Did you check it yet?

Scott, It looks to me like the French default railing wall.

French Railing Wall.JPG

The interesting thing that it does do is wrap the floor finish over the underlay but unfortunately this is not the desired look this time.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Scott, It looks to me like the French default railing wall.

French Railing Wall.JPG

There you go,  that is what I thought it would be.  Again,  I am going off the picture and I swear,  I have 1 pair of glasses and two types of contact lenses to choose from and I still can’t see too well.  But if I choose the correct contact lens set,  I can see my golf ball travel more than 175 yards.

The solid rail at the end is just a 3D Box drawn over a rail.

The floor finish is going to the edge of the floor platform because the room is defined by rails, and that's what floor finishes do with rails.

If you want the platform edge to come up to the top of the floor finish you need to delete the floor finish from Floor Finish and add it to Floor Structure.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, glennw said:

The solid rail at the end is just a 3D Box drawn over a rail.

The floor finish is going to the edge of the floor platform because the room is defined by rails, and that's what floor finishes do with rails.

If you want the platform edge to come up to the top of the floor finish you need to delete the floor finish from Floor Finish and add it to Floor Structure.

Here is another option to deal with the edge at the half wall without using the box.  You will alway see the edge of floor finish under the rail unless you take Eric's or dChop's suggestion.

5af0278027636_ScreenShot2018-05-07at3_13_30AM.thumb.png.8a7552120fb06a70f8bd3bd3fff0f797.png

Plan Maison v2018 -X10 - 017 - vers work 66fpihi.plan

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

Here is another option to deal with the edge at the half wall without using the box.  You will alway see the edge of floor finish under the rail unless you take Eric's or dChop's suggestion.

5af0278027636_ScreenShot2018-05-07at3_13_30AM.thumb.png.8a7552120fb06a70f8bd3bd3fff0f797.png

Plan Maison v2018 -X10 - 017 - vers work 66fpihi.plan

Thank you , i didn't until yesterday i could do this with railing. Thanks for that.

:D