User Library

habdou

I am trying to isolate one folder in the library browser' so I don't have to see other ones when creating a few manufacture cabinets.

I am not sure if this option is available,

when I am working with Cinema 4D we have an option to filter folders, which makes it a much cleaner and easier approach in dealing with symbols.

Open the Library Browser.

Up in the top right hand corner is a button that is a funnel and a plus sign called Manage Library Filters.

That will allow you to set up the filters you are after.

You can save the filter for reuse later.

Click on the Manage Filters Icon ( Funnel? with a red+) and you can select the folders and library to HIDE in a custom Filter , though I am not sure it can isolate the exact folder you want ?  I have filters for Core, Bonus, Manu. and User setup though.

***Note: the check boxes HIDE what you don't want to see in a Filter ie it works opposite from what you expect ...or at least what I expected.

If the question is can you filter individual folders within the user catalog (which I think it is) the answer is no. That has been requested, make the suggestion again.

I'm set up so that all my work is done from the user library for efficiency. It would be a big help to be able to filer it since it is extensive.

The solution I use when adding a brand catalog or a lot of new symbols is to make sure that everything is already in folders-the bottom of the user library is blank. Then name the folder that I will be placing everything in so that it ends up at the bottom of the folder list -Z_new stuff- or whatever. I rename it later.

Also use a trick to move folders that I will be working with so they end up at the top of the list-"   A__Tirebiter" etc.(I often set up a folder for individual projects copying items to it from elsewhere (NOT shortcuts) so that if I have to change things in a DBX I don't have to click around the library.

Mark, you are right, I am trying to filter an individual folder within the user catalog, and thank you for your suggestion.

Glen & Mick, thank you for the suggestion, I am aware of that option,

though when using the filter the user catalog is not included in the view, see attached screen shot.

Screenshot 2018-05-07 10.59.14.png

That looks correct Habdou , everything should be selected  , so that when you search the only place it looks is the User Folder .

You don't see that in the Manage Filters Window as the Filter System works backwards ( to my thinking )  as mentioned , the DBX only shows what you want to hide not what you want to see included in a filter.

M.