Using Base Cabinets as Tub Deck

RobUSMC

I like to use a base cabinet for a tub deck because you can easily drop a tub into it just like the sink with it automatically cutting the hole in the countertop. Its a big time saver and can adjust height, finish and door style quickly. However as shown in the rendering, when there needs to be more than one cabinet to create the shape needed for the deck it can cause issues. This shows the individual side walls of the cabinets running thru the tub.  Short of using a PS for the beck the another for the top and cutting a hole for the tub then applying doors to the face does anyone else have a good way to make this happen? 

Thanks 

Tub Deck 1.JPG

27 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

I like to use a base cabinet for a tub deck because you can easily drop a tub into it just like the sink with it automatically cutting the hole in the countertop. Its a big time saver and can adjust height, finish and door style quickly. However as shown in the rendering, when there needs to be more than one cabinet to create the shape needed for the deck it can cause issues. This shows the individual side walls of the cabinets running thru the tub.  Short of using a PS for the beck the another for the top and cutting a hole for the tub then applying doors to the face does anyone else have a good way to make this happen? 

Thanks 

Tub Deck 1.JPG

Off the top of my head I would guess that checking “cabinet filler” in the .dbx might get you what you want...just can’t remember if that retains paneling 

Perry.  I have used the PS method alot and added separate doors to the face.  I was looking to see if a quicker way was out there.  It doesn't take a long time but when I have 16 projects going on even a savings of 10 minutes is huge

I'm not using a PS, I'm using a countertop and There isn't mush storage space for any doors to use ,so I just use a tile face. very quick for me. The access can be from the outside or another wall.

OK I see what you do.  I always like to have all the plumbing accessible under the tub for inspection or repair and is the reason for the door fronts.  We build the tub deck and apply a cabinet face frame and doors to the front

IMG_0787.JPG