Exposed Trusses not showing in 3D

ladycoralie

Hi. I just tried to create some exposed trusses in the main living area by following along with the tutorial in Chief. However they aren't displaying in a 3D view. I don't really understand what was meant by changing the base plate in the tutorial. perhaps that is it. could someone please look at my plan and see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, solver said:

Every view has its own layer set. Go to whatever layer set you are using for the camera view -- usually Camera View Set, and turn on the display of the truss layer.

Thanks. I turned on the camnera view set and then went through and turned on every framing display apart from trusses and when I hit sill plate it turned up. Yay. Now I can see them, but they are uneven. I tried centering them, but that didn't work. Do you know how to even them up?

exposed trusses uneven.jpg

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Your trusses will follow your roof planes so you will need to make sure the ridge is in the center of the room.

Yeah I see what you mean. Problem is that when I try to centre them I cannot join it to the other roof plane below it without losing the new centering. I'm also not really sure that that flat area is the best way to go for the roof. the main gables I have put in place, but I'm a bit stuck on how to design the rest of the roof.

42 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

If the baselines are spaced the same distance from center and are at the same height it should auto join at the ridge.

Hi, I went and deleted those roof planes and started again from scratch. Thanks solver and Chopsaw for all your help. :)