How to hide Custom Backsplash Lines

ckirste

How do I hide the lines of a custom backsplash in elevation view? When I change the line settings the splash disappears. If I set the splash further back it also disappears.

Do I have to mask it in layout? I want it to look like it is a continuation of the backsplash on the base cabinets.

Thanks,

Cait

Custom Backsplash Lines.PNG

You could remove the lines in layout with the Edit Layout Lines tool 5aeb6b06420d3_EditLayoutLinesTool.jpg.f4938c5a7ed5b2da39ec56cf85fdbde1.jpg but it might be easier to just remove the auto backsplash from the adjoining cabinets and extend the manual one over to replace it if the materials are the same.

15 minutes ago, ckirste said:

Looks like there isn't a setting to remove them, which is what I was looking for.

Actually I just gave it another try and the backsplash seems to behave differently from a wall material region and you seem to be able to assign a blank linestyle to the layer and the border will disappear in elevation view.  However when sent to layout this either gets corrupted or does not work so I am not sure what is going on.  

Maybe one of the cabinet guys has experienced this before and knows another solution.

4 hours ago, ckirste said:

How do I hide the lines of a custom backsplash in elevation view? When I change the line settings the splash disappears. If I set the splash further back it also disappears.

Do I have to mask it in layout? I want it to look like it is a continuation of the backsplash on the base cabinets.

Thanks,

Cait

Custom Backsplash Lines.PNG

It's an either or kind of thing. Either use a custom backsplash without having a backsplash as part of the cabinet. OR use a polyline solid for the entire length and make it 1/16" thicker than the backsplash if you don't want to turn off the backsplash in the cabinet DBX. Personally I never use backsplash as part of the cabinets, wall or base, and I never use the cabinet dbx for moldings-but I'm a weenie.

backsplash.png