Change wall to library saved version

johnny

Does anyone know how to replace an existing wall in a plan with one in the library?  I could swear that was possible but I don't see the method.

Declaimer - perhaps I am just searching the wrong phrase, but I did try to find the answer to this on my own and couldn't.  I am searching "replace wall from library" and "switch wall from library" and I can't seem to find the answer.

36 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I could be misunderstanding, but just draw a short section of wall using the wall type from the library and then delete it.  This will add that wall type to the plan.   Then you can simply select the wall type from the drop down.

Thanks Micheal - although this doesn't seem to come up for me.  If you notice the 1st image below (railing 2) then you see the railing I am trying to use in the library, and when I use the drop-down the railing isn't present apart from the generic type.  Going above the upper rail (pic railing1) then you see the same rail selected - but I dont have an option for the one I want...both in the library and in the file.

railing2.png

rail1.png

Ah,  I see.  You're not just trying to use a different wall type.  You want to transfer all the various wall settings after the fact.  Sorry, I don't have any good solutions off the top of my head and I'm bout to shut down for the night.  Hopefully someone else has something that will work for you.  If not, maybe I'll revisit this a bit later for you. I wouldn't hold my breath though.  I really don't think there's any way to do this.  Perhaps a Replace From Library option or Object Eyedropper functionality for walls would be some good suggestions.