Curved roof kiosk

ChiefuserMathews

Hello, I am a new user with Chief Architect. I was practicing using online tutorial with video No. 10019. In the video it says to pre select the roof planes and double click to get the roof plane specification dialog box. As soon as I double click the selected item gets de-selected, hence I am not getting that required dialog box. Could someone help me how to achieve that? I am using chief architect premium X10

Thank you

Wilson

curved roof-1.PNG

Edited by ChiefuserMathews
addition

Thank you so much for the quick response. Unfortunately I am not getting that dialog box with right click as in the tutorial video. may be the video is for an older version. but then how would I change it.

Sure i will add my signature.

Thank you very much for your advice and for your help.

The dialogue box will look and function much differently in X10 as that is a X5 video.  You should be able to to all the same and more though.  Make sure it is the roof plane you have selected.

4 options that come to mind...

1.  FIRST activate the Roof Plane tool AND THEN control or shift select your roof planes using a marquis (draw a box around them).

2.  Click the Edit All Roof Planes tool.

3.  Temporarily lock all layers except your roof planes and then group select them.

4.  Be more careful how you group select.  You’ve selected more than just roof planes.

The trick you are missing is to double click on the centre grip of all the selected roof planes.

This will open the correct dbx.

If you double click anywhere else but the centre grip, the roof planes become unselected and you won't get a dbx.

The other way which hasn't been mentioned is that when you have selected all your roof planes, click the Open Object button on the Edit toolbars (first button on the left).

When in doubt select the roof plane and when you think you have it highlighted check to be sure it is correct in the status bar at the bottom left of your screen and if your mouse is maybe not double clicking correctly select the Open Object tool 5ae91c7e1b33b_OpenObjecttool.JPG.94bcf0108f8a926cab154043904cfe7e.JPG for the DBX.

Thanks to all who tried to help me out. At last I could get the dialog box by selecting individual roof planes then it worked. I followed the steps in the tutorial video and could not get that. Anyways thanks to all once again. it is a very helpful forum. Keep up the good work.