Custom Back Splash not working at Peninsula/Bar

ckirste

I have a kitchen peninsula / bar with a slide in range. The bar top is 6" higher than the countertop in a standard configuration. The kitchen side has a slide in range that I need a 6" back splash behind. I have a 40.5" solid railing wall behind the cabinets with a 1-1/2" custom countertop on the bar. I can't get the Custom Back Splash tool to work on the half wall behind the range 

Is there a setting I'm missing? I know I can make this with a different tool, but I would think this is one of the key situations where a custom back splash tool would be used.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-Cait

Okay. Thank you. I changed it to a railing wall, which I thought I had, but obviously not. So now I can draw the custom backsplash, but it immediately disappears. I can't see it in plan or elevation; Custom Backsplash layer is displayed.

Just found the wandering backsplash, it was attached to the wall in the family room; beyond the bar. So it didn't attach to the new railing wall, but the room beyond. Easy enough to move it.

Thanks for your help Eric.

-Cait

Yes I had raised the railing wall. But I think I started the custom backsplash at the top of the counter and dragged down. Since I also had line weights on it wasn't as precise as it could have been and likely landed on the back wall.

I got it sorted out now.I appreciate your help.

-Cait