CEILING PLANES

tracer

Your post makes no sense other than you are having difficulties with ceiling planes. Please be a little more specific about what kind of trouble. Your implied question seems to have been " is anyone else having trouble with ceiling planes?", my answer would be "no", they have a dialog box with settings and the tool and object are fully described in your Reference Manual and Help files, read them and then apply and make sure they are turned "on" in the camera type Display Options dialog for that camera while viewing.

DJP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THEY DON'T ALWAYS SHOW UP IN THE ORTHOGRAPHIC OR ELEVATION VIEW WHEN I DRAW THEM. HOW MORE SPECIFIC DO YOU WANT ME TO BE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHY I VERY SELDOM POST ON HERE. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tracer, just my thought. You mention that they "sometimes won't show" or "don't always show up". This tells me that it might be a plan specific problem. To help with a specific problem, it could be helpful if someone sees a plan with cameras that aren't showing the ceiling planes.

17 minutes ago, tracer said:

THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THEY DON'T ALWAYS SHOW UP IN THE ORTHOGRAPHIC OR ELEVATION VIEW WHEN I DRAW THEM. HOW MORE SPECIFIC DO YOU WANT ME TO BE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHY I VERY SELDOM POST ON HERE. 

It would be much more helpful if you would post the plan and some specific pics showing where the problems occur.  Section views can often be adjusted and you may need to "Frame the Ceiling".

I agree however that David was a little harsh.

Most likely reasons why ceiling planes would not show in a camera view:

- the layer they are on is turned off in the layer set being used in the camera view.

- you are using the wrong camera type (full vs. floor).  The floor specific cameras will not always show ceiling planes.

- you do not have a well defined room.  Ceilings are only built for rooms and if your walls are not connected or you have any "no room definition" walls, you will not have a room.

- your room structure was modified to turn off the ceiling.  You can specifically turn off ceilings for any room you want and you won't get ceilings if your room does not have a roof.

There are probably a million other reasons that are less common.  Your post is too vague to give you any more specific advise and everything else is just a random guess.  If you want more specific help, you should post a plan with a saved camera that shows the problem.  Or if all else fails, contact tech support.

Also, on a side note, people might be more helpful if you stop yelling at them.  Posting in all caps is generally considered the same as yelling on web forums.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tracer said:

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHY I VERY SELDOM POST ON HERE. 

I have been helping others here since 1999, I was not trying to discourage you at all, rather as others have indicated, your post was vague leaving us to guess what the answer to your question might be. A clearly stated question backed up with a copy of your plan and or screen capture images of what you are seeing or not seeing then helps us, help you.

People like me like to help others with Chief Architect Problems.

DJP

• Upvote 2