SOLVED - X10 Crash: Elevations on Multiple Monitors

BenPalmer

Ever since the latest update to X10, on any plan: I produce a vector overview.  Drag that tab to a new monitor and Chief hangs.  I have to force close it.  I had the latest Nvidia driver, and just updated to the one released today, and still no go.  Any others seeing this? Suggestions?

No problem here but have not updated my driver for a while as I am waiting to hear back from Nvidia on a 3D PDF display issue that I sent in.

Possibly roll back to a known good driver.  Does it have anything to do with plan file size ?

No problem here- 17 laptop, dell 24 on display port (set as primary), Asus 17 on USB (displaylink)

contrary to popular opinion I never update nVidia drivers unless my mfg offers one or it's something I see I need (almost always applies to games and not me)

Ben,

You may have an app hang problem. Program freeze ups usually require a minor fix.

If Windows lets you see the possible issue after the next misfire, then you'll know for sure.

Try this and see in the meantime - and see if it does the trick. It will work the same even if you're using Windows 10.

apphang.JPG

24 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

No problem here- 17 laptop, dell 24 on display port (set as primary), Asus 17 on USB (displaylink)

contrary to popular opinion I never update nVidia drivers unless my mfg offers one or it's something I see I need (almost always applies to games and not me)

GAMING COMPUTER IS ABOUT WHAT cHIEF IS ALL ABOUT.

7 hours ago, BenPalmer said:

Everyone, thanks for chiming in with your feedback.  I'll do some more testing and research and get this figured out.  Appreciate it.

I’ve had hanging CA issues in past that had to do with other virtual display drivers such as duet or teamviewer. Worth checking

UPDATE: Started Chief the other day, and got an error about no video card (weird). So checked drivers again.  Reinstalled drivers, updated latest Windows 10 patch and restarted computer and all is working good now.  (I admit I probably don't restart my computer as often as I should). Not sure what caused it in the first place.  Likely just a video card glitch.  Just suspicious timing with the install of the latest Chief patch, but could be a coincidence.  Either way, happy to be more productive again with my multiple monitor setup.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and testing. Always appreciated.