Extending Face Frames

Dunn_Carpentry

When inserting a face frame cabinet into a wall niche; like a spice cabinet or a custom medicine cabinet, I like to extend my face frame past the outside dimensions of the cabinet box so the cut out in the wall is covered.  Is there some way to do this in Chief?  Another application is to extend a face frame on one side or another for scribe in the field.  I can add a poly line solid for the look of the design but that doesn't help my cabinet list to be accurate.  Any thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Dunn_Carpentry said:

When inserting a face frame cabinet into a wall niche; like a spice cabinet or a custom medicine cabinet, I like to extend my face frame past the outside dimensions of the cabinet box so the cut out in the wall is covered.  Is there some way to do this in Chief?  Another application is to extend a face frame on one side or another for scribe in the field.  I can add a poly line solid for the look of the design but that doesn't help my cabinet list to be accurate.  Any thoughts?

You can always block a slab-poly and click to treat it as a cabinet in the dbx. Then go to your cab schedule and check to include "other"

Saying this from memory, should be close to correct :)

1 hour ago, Dunn_Carpentry said:

Some info and a few symbols for doing it here

I did not include complete instructions, just examples. Open cabinet and symbol DBXs , look up stretch plans and zones in reference manual to get a complete understanding. It took me since X4 till now to figure this out. Easy now.