Seeking Southern California User Group

DouglasC

Hello there!

My name is Alec. Myself and my partners have been using Chief Architect for two years now to do Full-blown Construction Documents. The more we use it though the more we realize we still don't know about this program. We'd love to meld minds with other Chief users in the SoCal area and create a network of professionals with the mutual goal of improving work-flow and speed up turn-around time. 

Please reach out if you'd like to join us in our quest for GREATNESS!

• 2 years later...

Hi Douglas,

Did you ever find a group in SO. California.  I am new to Chief and would love to join a group.  I live in Aliso Viejo,  CA.  I am a kitchen and bath designer, who hand drew until 3 years ago when I learned CAD.  Thankfully I was able to take a year of CAD at a local community college.   Its frustrating when I get stuck in chief because there is no one to discuss things with.

Thank you,

Cheryl~

11 minutes ago, CPDesigns said:

Hi Douglas,

Did you ever find a group in SO. California.  I am new to Chief and would love to join a group.  I live in Aliso Viejo,  CA.  I am a kitchen and bath designer, who hand drew until 3 years ago when I learned CAD.  Thankfully I was able to take a year of CAD at a local community college.   Its frustrating when I get stuck in chief because there is no one to discuss things with.

Thank you,

Cheryl~

I have been using this program for 15 years.  I have tried user groups,  private tutors etc,  The best way I have found to get help is right here on Chief Talk.  There are plenty of good folks on this site who will help you out.......  and just think about it....  you can usually get an answer in less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been using Chief for 3 years, 1 year full time. Prior to Chief I was using using AutoCAD since 1993.
At first I found Chief difficult to learn because of the different terminology used in each program. With  

help from the people on this forum I am almost as productive as I was with AutoCAD. One year from now
I should be more productive.

The people on this forum are a great asset to all Chief uses and are more that willing to help you.

With that said, I like the idea of a So. Cal. user group. I live in Simi Valley. Years ago I belonged to

the AutoCAD Users Group. About 100 of use would meet once a month in Burbank. It was great

to get together other in our field.