The walls and floor are not showing in Camera View Layer Set

kafarelli

Hello there,

I apologize in advance for asking such a basic question that was most likely answered million times before but I did my search in the blog and was not able to find it.

I am super new to Chief Architect (I have Chief Architect Premier X10 version, Build 20.1.1.1OSX on Mac).

Yesterday I was watching "Floor Plan Basics" video from Training Videos section and this is how the perspective full overview of the mentor looked like (refer to screen 1).

When I tried following the steps and turned on the Camera View Layer Set (used by the mentor on the video) I got very basic square with no walls and floor visible (refer to screen 2).

My question is how do I match or at least get something similar to what the mentor got?

Also to save space in the blog and not to spam you with questions I also wanted to know how to rotate the object (my layout) and move around it in Perspective Full overview mode, because when I drag and move around my mouse I can not get to rotate the object or get a different camera angle, all it does is it just moves the object as I would move in on a flat piece of paper.

Thank you!

screen 1.png

screen 2.png

You are using the wrong Camera. The Training Video

is using the Perspective Floor Overview Camera. You

are using the Perspective Full Overview Camera.

For your last issue it sounds like you are using the

Mouse-Pan Camera. Try using the Mouse-Orbit Camera.

Image8.png

Image9.png

Rich_WInsor,

Thank you so much for your help.

I was able to adjust to Mouse-Orbit Camera,

As for the Perspective Floor Overview Camera, where would I set that?

To my understanding everything has to be in the  camera drop down menu, no?

I attached the screen of all the options I have from my drop down.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 12.10.40 AM.png

I am super new to Chief Architect (I have Chief Architect Premier X10 version, Build 20.1.1.1OSX on Mac).

FYI, you are not using the latest update.  I  highly recommend keeping current with the updates.  There have been a number of important bug fixes that you don't have yet.  For a full list of what was fixed, see these update notes: 

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x10-update-notes.pdf

To get the latest update, you can always use the "Download Program Updates" menu option under the Help menu.  You can also use this link on our support page:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates.html

51 minutes ago, Dermot said:

FYI, you are not using the latest update.  I  highly recommend keeping current with the updates

Dermot,

I really appreciate the follow up on the updates! I just love the community here, you are all so much help!

I will definitely download the updates and will keep an eye on the new comings.

Cheers,

-kafarelli