Portland Oregon CA User Group

dherbert52

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PDXChief said:

Hi all,

I work for a home builder here in Vancouver and we are looking to switching to Chief. Anyone in the area using it and willing to share your strategies for options/multiple elevations per plan?

Curious what are you currently using, and why are you interested in Chief if you're looking for software that handles building options and multiple elevations per plan?  Chief is a great 3D modeling program which I find very helpful when trying to help clients with their selections.  But, it is not set up to handle a typical semi-custom or production builder's needs very efficiently.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently in 2D CAD but we want to make the switch to 3D for the purchasing/estimating benefits as well as bringing some marketing material in house. I like Chief because the foundation systems are already set up and it makes quick work of editing them for sloped lots. The framing and material takeoffs being setup is also a huge win vs building it all in Revit from scratch. We are currently heavily utilizing dynamic blocks in CAD for our elevations and options, I was hoping for something in the same vein with Chief, but with 3D objects as well.