I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?
Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf
Warren Street Home.pdf
I have been drafting and designing for design-build firms for the last 5 years. I'm used to the client signing a design retainer with a deposit for the design services, and then any time overages being made up for with margins on materials and labor during construction. I am now striking out on my own to design and draw plans as my own company for other contractors. I would seriously appreciate any feedback on how you more experienced freelancers structure your rates. Do you apply an hourly rate to drafting work that is already designed and a flat rate (like a design retainer) to work that you're designing as well? What else do you typically sell to your clients? Do they buy materials and cabinets through you, the designer, and leave the contractor to mark up the labor and rough materials? Any reading material you can recommend on the subject would also be greatly appreciated.
Just a young designer/draftsman looking for some advice from the abundance of experience we have here. Thank you, everyone!
ABOUT US: Legacy Design Build Remodeling, an award-wining Phoenix-area home remodeling contractor founded in 1988, has become one of the most respected and longstanding, full-service residential remodeling companies in Arizona.
SUMMARY: As a part of the full service remodeling team, this position will assist the sales staff with all drafting and presentation needs and help homeowners with the design and layout of their remodeling project. The CAD drafter will have a high proficiency with the software program Chief Architect, enabling them to prepare drawings of floor plans with multiple options. Responsible for creating informative and accurate sets of plans, as well as 3D renderings, using the customer’s actual picked materials. In addition, this position is to be responsible for site measurements and accurate project as-built plans as these become the basis for the project.
· 2 years drafting experience, using Chief Architect, with hands-on construction experience desirable
· 5 years high level administrative skills, with permit/HOA processing through local municipality
· High proficiency of Chief Architect (auto cad or 20/20 may substitute)
· Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook); other proprietary software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, while able to adapt their own communication style
· Within parameters of instruction, ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
· Ability to problem solve and be creative, working effectively under pressure; recovers quickly from setbacks,
· Will be focused while able to multitask
· Prior construction industry experience in residential remodeling preferred
· Proficient in mathematics
· Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, laser measurer and digital camera, with high attention to detail
· Must have Code knowledge
· Associates degree in drafting desirable, or a combination of experience and education
· Must have driver’s license, with the ability to pass a DMV background check
APPLY: https://dreamstyleremodeling.applicantpool.com/jobs/62547.html OR forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information, call 505-814-1196
When I did an elevation or perspective, nothing would show up, just a white blank page. I followed some instructions on the Chief Architect Support page and changed some of my rendering preferences and now I can see the elevations and perspectives but it still doesn't look quite right as lines are missing etc. I've gone to HP.com to update my driver but it says there are no available updates. Not really sure where to go from here..? Do I not have the right requirements? Do I need a new laptop or is it a simple fix?
Laptop I'm using- HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, Windows 7, 64-bit, 8GB
Microprocessor- Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Graphics Device 1- Radeon HD 6770M
Graphics Device 2- Intel® HD Graphics Family
Any input would be great!