1st floor ceiling heights won't change

jenmarsch

I have tried to catch all the ceiling heights above to fix this, I need the first floor to be 10', client change their mind of course once entire plan is drawn. I am attaching plan file as well. Previously I have simply redrawn the entire plan to change the ceiling height. I dont have time this time. Super frustrating... i haven't found a tutorial that makes the fix. Not sure I'm asking the correct question.

ceiling_values.png

REV_McCready_3-15.plan

9 minutes ago, jenmarsch said:

I'm assuming do this for all rooms on second floor and that will allow me to change first floor room ceiling height?

Yes,  RARELY change ceiling height,  change the floor height above,  

BTW,  if your second floor heights were all default heights,  all you would need to do is to change the default floor height at second floor and then all rooms would be fixed.

Don't forget to adjust your roof elevation manually,  it will not fix itself auto unless you are auto building roofs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jenmarsch said:

I'm assuming do this for all rooms on second floor and that will allow me to change first floor room ceiling height?

OK, I'm trying this, thinking the ceiling (B) is an issue, which is what you are referring to "raise or lower roof to accommodate new plate height" . Would it be easier to delete roof all together to make these changes? I am seeing  Ceiling B height is not changing so now 2nd floor has 12' ceiling.:wacko: I deleted roof, changed all rooms to 120", and still have same response for first floor

Jen, as mentioned from Scott, change the floor heights from the floor above. It's also very helpful to do a back clip section view of the rooms your changing showing both floors. Tile the views so you can watch what's happening as you make the changes. 

You can even edit the floor/ceiling platforms in the cross section view itself.

Make sure you have Select Room Before Wall in 3D checked.

Then in the cross section view, you can select the rooms and drag the platforms to change the heights.

You can use Tab whilst dragging to move the platform accurately.

This even works in a Cross Section Slider view.