Designer100

is there a way to flip a pdf floor plan in chief Architect x10. I am doing a remodling plan and I have old set of plans, but it is a reverse of what was built. I was going to scan it to pdf or jpeg and use to trace over for remodeling. Is there a way to flip a pdf or reverse it in chief or do I need to draw over existing then flip in chief?

Newell Cheatheam

Chief x10

windows 10 

I think I can do that for you if you would like to post the pdf or send it to me.  It will mess up the text though.  Also I can convert to .png that will import better if you like.

Not the drawings, just the pdf conversion.

Actually Newell, I think you just discovered a new X10 Bug.  PDF's can be reflected vertically but not horizontally and even if you rotate the PDF before importing it just seems to assume that you would never want to destroy the text or something.  Somehow it knows even if you try to trick it.  But why ?  If you don't like it you could just hit undo or reflect back the other way. Please send this in to tech support and let us know how it goes.

In the mean time you can use Chief to import the PDF and then export to PNG and re-import again so you can reflect it as an image.

There always seems to be a way.  Just not always an easy one.