Seeking Professional to help finish my plans.

DMcGill

Hello all: 

I'm seeking a designer I can pay by-the-hour/half hour to help me finish some residential construction house concept/plans of my personal home.  I purchased the Chief Architect Home Designer software last summer to help me visualize the impact on our property if we added a new garage and added on to our existing home. I am now ready to get serious.  As a total novice, I made some significant progress recreating our current home and property with a number of exceptions (roof line and elevation issues, etc, ugg:(.  I have spent a significant amount of time with the online tutorial videos trying fix/accomplish my goals but the videos show techniques related to more robust versions of the software I had purchased, by design I’m sure. Frankly, at this point I need help from a pro.  

Ideally, I'd like to develop a relationship with a full-time or part-time professional residential architect/designer to help me complete some problematic areas of my existing home design and help me develop/conceptualize some plans moving forward with my help as well if at all possible? Ideally, I’d like the ability to work on plans and send them back and forth for review with you, but I am not sure that is possible? I am an Electrical Contractor by profession located in the Boston area and very familiar with many (but not all) of the components/jargon associated with most residential construction that might help expedite a learning curve and our conversations.   I feel I would be very reasonable to work with.

What are my hopes for a final product?  Aside from being comfortable with the final design of the house, I would like to be able to create a set of formal construction plans using them to perform some take-offs, and/or send these as PDF files to gain contractor and supplier quotes.

To be honest, with a good enough plan, I hope to tackle some of the construction personally. I don’t believe we would need to live in the same region of the country to formalize a plan. I could provide to you accurate zoning and construction requirements for my area.  I would be very flexible with your time and schedule. I would also come well prepared to phone meetings, and communicate very well though email/text/photos/scans if desired as well. 

Please let me you are if you are interested/intrigued or have questions and we can arrange a time to talk. Thank you for your time!! Dave

Anyone willing to help needs to know WHICH Home Designer title AND its version number to even see if they have a compatible version of Chief Architect Premier (so whatever they do for you, you can open and still edit in what software you have).

I speciialize in helping, training and outsourcing users of Home Designer Software, contact me if you like for details.

DJP

If you "Enjoy" the Drawing Process you could consider Renting HD Pro for $49 month ( pay 12mths it's yours I think ) or even Renting Chief Premier @ $199 Month , or even upgrading to Pro which has many of the Features of Premier , at least as far as Roofs go, it's a bit limited when it come to producing ConDocs though as it only allows 1 page AFAIK.

M.

Good day,

I am an Interior Designer in Washington State. I would love to help you with this. I have Home Designer Pro 2018. Although I am skilled in CAD and Revit, I was looking for a cost effective way to help my clients visualize their remodels, etc. I can work on an hourly basis. Let me know if my version is compatible with what you have been working in and I will see how we can work together. If you want to email offline, let me know and I will provide my contact information.

Have a terrific night,

Robyn

Edited by rmbridgman
forgot one item