Exporting in AC format problems

Larry_Sweeney

I received a survey of a track of land in 2012 AC format. The surveyor wanted me to place the outlines of the buildings, roadways and parking areas where the owner wanted them placed and then send it back to him in 2012 AC format. I've received many AC dwg. files over the years, imported them into CA, worked with them and never had any problems. I've never exported converted CA dwg. files out in AC format, but I thought there shouldn't be any problem. At least that is what I told the surveyor. I've tried 3 times to send him the converted CA dwg. file and every time he has contacted me that he was unable to open them. I made sure when I exported the CA files I converted them to the same 2012 AC format that they were sent to me, but he still can't open them. I took the file I converted to AC and imported it back into CA and it imported correctly back into CA. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is happening? Maybe I could link the CA file to someone that has AC and they can try exporting it out of CA into a 2012 AC file and see if they can open it. Any help or advice at this time will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I decided to send the file links so if someone could help.............

Here is the link to the CA file before conversion  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49042923/BOYD%20STATION%20SURVEY%20VERSION%20CB.zip

Here is the link to the file after I converted it to 2012 AC   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49042923/BOYD%20STATION%20OFFICE%20LAYOUT%2002282014.dwg

Andy......I'm not familar with DraftSite. Is that some type of a AutoCad program? The zip. file you sent in the second thread, is that in AC 2012 format? Did you open it up in AC 2012 or something else? I have AC 2010 but could not upen the file in the AC dwg. format that you zipped. I just want to make sure if I send the surveyor another file it will open for him in 2012 AC. We are both getting a little frustrated and are dealing with time schedules. I really appreciate your help.

Andy.......When I go to open the file that you zipped me in AC 2010 I get the alert message shown in the attachment.  I don't have any program opened on my computer, but from the alert I'm not sure what it means. Should I be concerned about this? Do you think the surveyor will be able to take the converted file and be able to work with it?

post-76-0-46609400-1393694670_thumb.jpg

Actually, now that you mention it, my feet are wet from all this rain we have had the past couple days.

More rain the past two days than we have had in about 2 years or some such.

Got about 6" here all told. Might be wrong though.

Andy.

Larry,

I was able to open your AC file. Something is really off in that all of your text is about a mile in size, maybe even more. Yes, you have to zoom way out in order to see it all because of the text. Andy's file opens up correctly but the problem there is that all of Chief's layers are now in the drawing. Tell your surveyor that the first thing for him to do when he opens it up is to purge the drawing. That will get rid of all the chief stuff.