SLOPED RETAINING WALL BLOCKS

mtldesigns

I attached an example what I need to do.  Actually need to do about four tiers (at each about 5' tall) for this project built into a hill overlooking a river.  I know I can use Chiefs retaining wall, but can it be sloped "in" as these locked blocks do?  I already think not, but I know some of you had to deal with this esp. in the mountainous areas.

As always thanks...

IMG_0091_3Tier.jpg

Yeah I would like to accurately model the step back and both ideas look def doable... with a little work on my end for sure.    

By doing either, will it "retain" the terrain, or shall I do a terrain feature at the different thicknesses?  Actually, I think I will do the retaining wall at a 1" thickness, to get the terrain right, then try one of these two methods for the "look"

I will get back to this feed with my results... :-)   

Thanks Eric and Chop.

Just noticed my signature says X9... should be X10.  I know it doesn't matter on this subject. 

Here is my first attempt.. not bad looking IMO.  One question, how do I make the pattern of the block not show the grout half way thru?  Like what you shown Eric.

Don't mind the deck supports or the stairs, will complete those once wall is on place.

retaining wall.jpg

How about a molding line with a molding for each course and use the horizontal offset for each course.  

Make the the molding one time 20 courses tall and depending on how many courses you want visible,  raise or lower the molding line.