Story Pole, relocating the grade elevation

dshall

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I guess  I still don't get what you want to see because by changing the MSL to 152 feet in my plan ( posted above ) it seems to show what you are asking for... admittedly the Finished Grade marker was done Manually as mentioned, though I am not sure why on a Storey Pole, Finished Grade (Terrain ) would not / is not, an Auto Option to Add or Remove depending on the need.

It would be nice to be able to "shorten" the Segment / put a breakline in it , that goes down to MSL too.

Capture3.thumb.PNG.fd113f339cb93927f666a30990cbc35a.PNG

Mick has it. That is what I was looking for but I wanted the grade to be auto....  I now realize that is not a reasonable request.  Mick,  your picture shows what I want.  I am now doing it Mick's way.

7 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

admittedly the Finished Grade marker was done Manually as mentioned, though I am not sure why on a Storey Pole, Finished Grade (Terrain ) would not / is not, an Auto Option to Add or Remove depending on the need.

It would be nice to be able to "shorten" the Segment / put a breakline in it , that goes down to MSL too.

Sounds like you need to make a Post in the Suggestions Forum then to add the above Reference Point into the available list of Choices on the Auto Storey Pole along with the ability to use a breakline on segment 1, so the MSL Reference isn't Off the Drawing especially when sent to Layout.

It also seems like some want Top of Headers while other want bottom of headers ,but I guess that depends also on how you Frame , ie is the Header under the double Top Plate as many do now or the Traditional way ie just above the Window / Door.

M.

30 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

It also seems like some want Top of Headers while other want bottom of headers ,but I guess that depends also on how you Frame , ie is the Header under the double Top Plate as many do now or the Traditional way ie just above the Window / Door.

M.

My choice would be to have the option to auto dimension to top of window in lieu of bottom of header.

This would eliminate an 80.5 inch dimension to bottom of header,   instead  we would get an 80 inch height to top of window.  (no 1/2 inch dimensions.....  I suppose iffy rough opening was 0.4 inches instead of 0.5 inches andI eliminated 1/2 inch dimensions,  I would get what I want.

1 hour ago, dshall said:

My choice would be to have the option to auto dimension to top of window in lieu of bottom of header.

This would eliminate an 80.5 inch dimension to bottom of header,   instead  we would get an 80 inch height to top of window.  (no 1/2 inch dimensions.....  I suppose iffy rough opening was 0.4 inches instead of 0.5 inches andI eliminated 1/2 inch dimensions,  I would get what I want.

yes I also want top of window, in which there is a macro we can use but not here, i sometimes will add the macro to the window label.

Perry,

You may already be aware that you can get top of window by dragging an existing  extension line or creating a new extension line.

You can get Casing Top/Bottom, Rough Opening or Window Top/Bottom, even though they are not included in Available Marks.

As you drag the extension grip up and down it locates one of the above and automatically displays the text and height of each different height.

Seems like an oversight that are not included, but are available anyway. 

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...
24 minutes ago, PerryPlansPro said:

I know it's been a while since this has been posted. What CA really needs is a sea level option when setting up dimensions. Maybe this answers your question? I know this would have helped me in some way.

I think you did what I have wanted too do but have been unable to do.  Maybe they fixed this.   I will check this out.  Thanks for posting.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, dshall said:

I think you did what I have wanted too do but have been unable to do.  Maybe they fixed this.   I will check this out.  Thanks for posting.

The name of the video is a little misleading. There's not really a sea-level marker. What you do is just think of the grade level marker as the sea level instead of the grade level. At the same time, you have to think of the terrain as the grade level. I named it "sea level marker" to make it easier for people to find. You're welcome and thanks for the reply. (I ended up changing the name to "How to Change Grade Level in Chief Architect X10")

Edited by PerryPlansPro
Updating information
  • Upvote 1