Wainscoting affect on walls?

AnthonyBuilders

Just starting this plan. First trying to set a refrigerator and it's not appearing but the main reason for me posting this is this wainscoting affect that happens to my walls at times? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? It is often times the brick from outside bleeding into inside. Super annoying as I do a lot of 3D rendering. I've just been using this program for a little over a year so any advice is appreciated. 

chief question.jpg

The best way is to let us know what software you are using and post the plan file but you may have a Wall Covering set to display without knowing it.  Likely the refrigerator is on the Fixtures Interior layer that is not turned on in Camera View.

I agree with Chop and Eric.  Those look like wall coverings.  You can add wall coverings in rooms, walls, or even in your wall defaults.  You will need to look in all those places and remove the wall covering. 

Assuming that your refer shows up in your plan view, then it is probably on a layer that is not turned on in your camera view.  Either you accidently turned it off or you switched to a layer set that doesn't have it turned on.  You can figure out what layer the refer is on by selecting it in plan view and looking on the status bar or opening the dialog and looking at the layer panel.  There are lots of other less likely possibilities such as setting the elevation to something crazy or painting it with an invisible material, but who knows.

If you still can't figure it out, then you need to post your plan and I bet someone will be able to help you pretty quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't always have the problem with the material bleeding through into the room so thought maybe a glitch or a camera view setting. I have X10 version of the plan. My refrigerator has also never been invisible in any of my 3D renderings before so no clue. I actually updated my version of X10 and it deleted the plan I thought I had saved. I started over and didn't have the problem anymore so I didn't get a chance to try and fix? 

Solver: I turned on view signatures but not sure how to create a signature or what that is?

Go back to where you turned on signatures and fill out your own signature. Include the important stuff like your version of Chief and your operating system,cpu specs, ram,storage system,video card and driver version.  And keep it updated so others know if they can be helpful or not without asking a ton of questions.  See my example below.

My Signature.JPG