Finished floors layer control

JarrettS

Hi, new user of Chief Architect (Premier X10). I'm starting to get the hang of the program, but there are a few things I haven't been able to figure out...

One is how to control the layers that finished floor materials draw on. I'm working on a simple home & I've set my defaults for floors as follows: 11/78" floor joists / 3/4" plywood sheathing / 3/4" hardwood flooring. When creating the design drawings to show the clients I want to show the hardwood, but when I produce the 2 D technical drawings for the tradespeople I would like to be able to turn the finished floors off & just show the floor joists & sheathing. I can't find the layer the finished floors are drawn on...

Away from my computer right now so I can’t double check but I believe the Floor Surfaces layer controls the display of any non-framing layers in your floor STRUCTURE.  And I believe the Rooms layer controls the display of anything in your floor FINISH definition.

What I want to do is turn off finished flooring in my 2 D cross sections, but be able to have it on in my 3 D camera views. I tried the floor surfaces layer as Alaskan Son suggested, but it had the opposite effect - it left the finished floor in section & turned off the sheathing.

I figured it out.Turning the flooring surfaces layer off turns off both the line of the finished flooring (in my case the 3/4" hardwood), and the line of the sub floor. Drawing the floor joist framing then turning on the appropriate layers in section gave me the look I was going for. Thanks for the advice!

58 minutes ago, solver said:

In section, using the Framing Set as the Active Layer Set, the Flooring Surfaces layer seems to control both the finish floor and subfloor.

Just got back to my computer and double checked.  I was mostly correct in my initial description, but just to clarify...

The Floor Surfaces layer DOES control the display of both the finish layers and the non-framing structural layers as you say, BUT the Rooms layer needs to be toggled on to display the finish layers, so...

If you want to display subfloor only, Floor Surfaces must be toggled on, and Rooms must be toggled off. 

• Like 1