Terrain Issues

JLR_Aaron

I have been using Chief for over a year now. I am normally able to get around the Terrain Issues like these. But I am wondering if anyone knows what I am doing wrong that cause this to happen? Please see the attached picture. An help tips or tricks that could be provided would be awesome! Thank so much!

Terrain_Issue.thumb.jpg.ef4054014d392765c7c5037978546141.jpg

Terrain_Issue.pdf

Britton.Roney.plan

Edited by JLR_Aaron
Updated the plan.

6 minutes ago, JLR_Aaron said:

I have been using Chief for over a year now. I am normally able to get around the Terrain Issues like these. But I am wondering if anyone knows what I am doing wrong that cause this to happen? Please see the attached picture. An help tips or tricks that could be provided would be awesome! Thank so much!

Terrain_Issue.thumb.jpg.ef4054014d392765c7c5037978546141.jpg

Terrain_Issue.pdf

Please post your plan file so we can take a look

Typical terrain issues come from too complex a calculation from the terrain engine. Space out your elevation data, use greater intervals, use less elevation data. When you dial it back and have a rough terrain model in place you can then start working in details while error checking

• Like 2

Looks like you deleted the terrain in the copy of the plan you attached. Problem solved! :P

If you want some tips about specific issues in the terrain, like the spikes you pictured, I recommend attaching the version of your plan with your latest attempts so that we can hone in on the problem areas and suggest changes rather than spending the extra time trying to reproduce what you show in the picture.

• Like 1