How to Draw an actual "Half Wall" ?

Autumn1

I thought when I used the "Half Wall" tool I could easily adjust the height. Is there any simple way to draw a Std. wood stud/sheetrock interior wall but be able to NOT have its height controlled by the room and ceiling? Trying to model clothes changing rooms and an "L" shape corner wall to hide some Gas Cylinders. Need 6' high walls in a room with 9' ceiling. Right now best thing I have come up with is using "Partition" found in the Cabinets Tool. Actual walls might be 3/4" MDF or Plywood -or- maybe regular stud/sheetrock depending on what Build. / Fire  Depts will allow. 

How would most of you do this? Thanks.

Jerry - Thank you! If I followed correctly: I used interior wall tool then defined it to "Interior Railing" Solid. Deleted the wood cap & changed the width. Can't find how to delete the 4" floor molding which is no big deal. ALSO - I just happened to have a "Demo Wall" in camera view and I see that CA shows the actual dry wall gap as if the wall had just been torn out but also shows the 4" floor molding across the floor which is pretty funny! Carefull with the sharp nails guys! ( I can live with it)  

Does your new room need a covered top separate from the main room?

If the top is not covered, you can use the half-wall tool and specify the railing height on the Newels/Balusters panel as suggested above.

If the top needs to be covered, you can use normal interior walls and then specify the room as a "shelf ceiling" and then lower the ceiling height to what you want. 

You can remove the base moldings by opening up the room specification and removing them for the whole room.  If you need to remove them for just a few specific walls, you can mark those walls as "no room def" or you could convert your room moldings into molding polylines and adjust them manually.

53 minutes ago, Autumn1 said:

Joe & Alaskan, Thanks to you also! By the time all you awesome helpers stop chuckeling I hope to have figured out how delete those pesky floor moldings! 

You're welcome.  For the floor moldings, it depends on the situation, but one of the easiest things to do is just open the wall and set it to No Room Definition.