Tools for Salesperson to communicate with Designer

daleblack1961

I am looking for a process, method or tools that our new home sales people can use to communicate a client's desired design changes of plans in our existing Chief Architect Plan Library. Needs to be simple enough that a "non-user" of CA can use without a huge learning curve. Anything exist or any ideas?

The simplest way I have found is to have them just mark-up a PDF version of the plan. Everyone has a PDF viewer and most users know how to highlight and add comments. This also provides a solid record of change requests. I have tried other methods such as One Note but found it was to much maintenance work and not everyone has it or is familiar with how to use it.

2 hours ago, daleblack1961 said:

I am looking for a process, method or tools that our new home sales people can use to communicate a client's desired design changes of plans in our existing Chief Architect Plan Library. Needs to be simple enough that a "non-user" of CA can use without a huge learning curve. Anything exist or any ideas?

A pencil and a piece of paper can work wonders. 

I also use PDFs. I use Bluebeam PDF Revu on my end which is better at tracking markups than any of the freebies. They also have a free viewer which clients can use but Adobe Reader works fine for most. For more advanced or complicated markups Bluebeam comes with a thing called "Studio" , a cloud service, that allows far more complete markup tools. I don't offer it to the average consumer client, just pros or tech savvy/demanding consumers. (They likely use the BB iPad app instead)

I also use an online service. Used Basecamp for well over a decade, now I use Freedcamp. Good way to keep everything documented, easy to locate, suits multiple users on a project better (builder, ID, Architect, Client, MIL, cousin...)

I find PDF to be a great way as it is so common that just about everyone knows how to use it. PDF also has the advantage that you can password protect it and if needed it can be electronically signed. I use the free version of PDF-Viewer as it has some great mark-up tools and then I use the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for signing purposes. Something else I like about PDF's are that they are very secure so I don't really need to be concerned about imbedded viruses or malware. They can also be opened up on any device, even in a web browser.