How to show mexican casa yard wall

dskogg

I am designing a mexican casa and they put walls up around entire perimeter of lot.

They use a conc beam at top and 3/4 up and conc piers and then fill in with brick.

Any way i could add this band in the middle using a fence?  Also if i want to add a gate but still want the wall to go

over the gate how do i do this with a fence?  Maybe i use a wall instead? The fence is convenient as i can spec post spacing and top

rail.

Any suggestions on best way to do this?

mexican casa wall.JPG

Ok I think I would just build it as a railing wall with custom panel and then fill in over the door with p-solids and send in a suggestion to Chief Architect that unless there is a better solution then maybe some improvements could be made.

Casa Yard Wall & Door 2.jpg

36 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Use a Railing Wall (Post to Beam) with a "Panel" for the infill.

Joe  I found that ( Post To Rail ) seemed to build a better wall.  I made a copy for ( Post to Beam ) and moved it to the foreground.  Is this a bug in the new version ?

Casa Yard Wall & Door 3.jpg

Thanks guys, so I need to make a fence panel a little narrower than my posts and build the fence panel with the tie beam 3/4 the way up, is this right?

sounds like I will need a polyline solid above doors or gates in fence since ca will not allow the fence to go over a shorter door.

10 hours ago, dskogg said:

Thanks guys, so I need to make a fence panel a little narrower than my posts and build the fence panel with the tie beam 3/4 the way up, is this right?

Yes that is about the extent of it and I was able to get Joe's ( Post to Beam ) settings to work properly by reducing the railing height by the thickness of the beam.  Using the ( Post to Railing ) setting seems to do it automatically.