create foundation plan then build up?

madcowscarnival

Is there any method to auto build house exterior walls based on foundation plan first?

Situation: We sometimes create foundation plans for a mfg. home seller.  Often modified with attached garages/porches/decks  The foundations by design, are 1-1/2" deeper than the house.  The main floor framing is not as important as the foundation information, and only used for elevations of the various attachments (garage etc.).  Problem is, if I build the main floor to the mfg. plan, it creates a foundation plan that I have to go in and modify anyway. 

Not an issue, just curious if this functionality is available.

Sure but it's not automatic, draw your foundation using the foundation walls you need ,on level 0, then when you are done just copy those foundation walls you just did to level 1 and change those wall to what you want. foundation walls are just walls with rooms just like a floor plan

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, madcowscarnival said:

Is there any method to auto build house exterior walls based on foundation plan first?

Situation: We sometimes create foundation plans for a mfg. home seller.  Often modified with attached garages/porches/decks  The foundations by design, are 1-1/2" deeper than the house.  The main floor framing is not as important as the foundation information, and only used for elevations of the various attachments (garage etc.).  Problem is, if I build the main floor to the mfg. plan, it creates a foundation plan that I have to go in and modify anyway. 

Not an issue, just curious if this functionality is available.

Do you mean the MFG. Home overhangs the foundation by 1 1/2 inches? 

then you would just set the Foundation Offset to 1 1/2" on the Default exterior Wall definition and it would do it Auto.

44.thumb.JPG.82abb4b87366e50c1ad3fd5cd95eb700.JPG

1 hour ago, solver said:

That was my thought too, until I tried it.

ct1.thumb.jpg.1ac687cb4e80d04a675343bcbe92f9df.jpg

Huh? 1.5 inchs not 1.5 feet  ....  not sure what else you are doing cos it seems to work here ?  see cross section above too... the foundation is 3" each way smaller than the house....

I just drew a 20'x40' box and set the Siding 6 wall definition to have a 1 1/2 " offset  ( - 1 1/2" works too )

45.JPG