wall covers window in stairwell

DianeP

I have two stacked windows in the stairwell for this plan.  They both look fine from the outside of the house.  Inside, one of them has the  wall covering the window.  They are in rooms marked open below and the wall has been changed to balloon wall with no effect.  Any ideas on how I can make it look right?

WINDOW WALL QUESTION.JPG

I have the same issue.

I have a window that is in the stairwell wall.

If I add the stairs, the window is as expected (clear).

If I "Auto Stairwell", the window becomes solid (with the molding) still on the wall.

If I follow the directions to manually create the well (https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00757/creating-a-stairwell.html), Add the rails, doorway, then select the room, and change type to "open to below". The window is filled with wall again.

I have done this numerous times and can't seem to get it to work. 

Pasting a window in its place doesn't work. 

If the window is moved out of the stairwell area, the window becomes clear again.

I'd love to upload the file, but it is 40mb and the forum only allows a total of 25mb.

So I shared via Dropbox:

Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hd1yiwq04gracqy/AACfm0pKs-F9Yc7q7ZGAqw9ya?dl=0

Direct File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr6bfdio5cxcbxr/Royal Port Development - v1.9.18 - All Fixed - Stair issue posted.plan?dl=0

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Tim

Its your room definitions that need adjusting, make the floor and ceiling on main default. Open the exterior wall dbx and under options tab make wall height default.

Then make the 2nd floor open below room default heights also. Then it will work and window view will be correct.

I opened the plan and then did a clipped cross section through the windows.  I also tried moving the lower window with the problem vertically to see if the covering was part of the window or part of the wall assembly.  5ad2607fbf0f0_Wallcoveringwindowsection.thumb.jpg.ccea44b17bee180ef2eed6e76fe4ade3.jpg  Here is an elevation view of the problem    5ad2618adb228_Wallcoveringwindowelevation.thumb.jpg.180bd4e7f275ab64f29b2ae3bf3c2150.jpg Here are the stair options that was found in the sample file. 5ad2620e9bee3_Stairoptions.thumb.jpg.314aca83e0c67d1bcbd150accc4989fd.jpg  At the moment I don't have a solution, but I am curious about this and will do more work to see if I can solve the problem.   My purpose in posting this reply is to just illustrate what Diane was talking about.  

5ad2650fc75a0_WindowPerspectiveSection.thumb.jpg.db7cd32f069088f3992b33b810622b0a.jpg Found the problem!   Each section of the stairs has its own options for open to below.   The wall section of stairs to the left of the window in this image indicated open below, but when I cycled that option the part of the wall that was obscuring the window disappeared.