PBR - Opaque Window Glass option

cv2702

The easiest way I have found to make opaque glass in a PBR is to use the Rainbow tool to change the Transparency of the glass to zero.

You then need to also go to 3D View Defaults and uncheck Auto Adjust Default Glass Properties.

4 hours ago, glennw said:

The easiest way I have found to make opaque glass in a PBR is to use the Rainbow tool to change the Transparency of the glass to zero.

You then need to also go to 3D View Defaults and uncheck Auto Adjust Default Glass Properties.

Trying to apply your suggestion.

On "Transparency of the glass to zero", here is what I see:

snip_20180407003351.thumb.png.623b580c2864dfed5aed34c1790b9ace.png

In my case, there is no 'Transparency' setting for material class 'Transparent'.  If I change the material class to 'General material', then I can set the transparency to zero.

On "3D View Defaults and uncheck Auto Adjust Default Glass Properties":  The context help says "program automatically adjusts the behavior of window, door, and electrical fixture glass in Standard rendered and ray trace views in response to interior and exterior lighting conditions".  I did nonetheless uncheck that setting and it works for PBR.  I guess documentation needs an update.

Many thanks for the hint.

15 hours ago, glennw said:

Perry,

We didn't have PBR in X9.

The Opaque option was removed from PBR at some stage during the beta.

The opaque option fro the glass is dependent on the glass material properties.

ok, but I wasn't talking about PBR, i was talking about the Opaque option for windows