x10 Roof & Attic Walls

DC7Designs

Still having problems getting the gable walls to show up in the 3D view and also with having the exterior shingle wall but an interior wall underneath.  When I go the the roof tab in the spec box, I select roof cuts wall at bottom and then to change to interior 6 below that to carry the weight.  Still, I'm either getting an exterior wall all the way down or it disappears.

I never dreamed in a million years I'd be doing roof design, but it's what my clients are asking for, so it's been a crash course in trial & error for six months now.

Thanks,

Deb

RSU_MOSS_ADDITION_3.plan

Eric, thanks so much for checking out the plan.  I really like the way the roof looks.  On the back, I need to draw in the two rear dormers.  Here is what is happening:

1)  I drew in the wall (No roof plane yet)

2)  I selected Lower Wall Type When Split By Butting Roof, leaving the other box unchecked.

3) I painted the shingle siding to the outside part.  That worked for the front half of the dormer wall, but there is a small triangle that still shows drywall.

4) I painted that small triangle, but it is changing the interior wall as well.

The first three photos show what I did.

So I added the roof plane.  The hole in roof was on the main roof to open up the space under the shed dormer.  When I moved the hole edge to line up with the exterior siding, the hole jumped up to the shed dormer.  Now the hole is there in the shed dormer! (4th photo)

I'm sure there is something about the program I haven't learned how to manipulate.  I appreciate the help!

dormer wall split.jpg

Screenshot 2018-04-07 10.24.29.png

pasted siding on small triangle.jpg

hole in roof moves from main.jpg

RSU_MOSS_ADDITION_3_(eric_1).plan

Thanks for the video!  I learned that to cut the wall, the hole in the roof must be connected to the exterior wall on the outside.  I didn't know that.  I also learned that those missing attic walls had nothing to do with my inexperience!  I didn't realize that it was a bug issue.  That was one of my issues too.  Thanks again!  I turned in the project and will hear back if they liked it in a couple of weeks.