Need to have a 3d Object created

shawnpenoyer1

39 minutes ago, shawnpenoyer1 said:

I need to find a resource to have a specific staircase panel built that i can then import into my design plan. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to hire someone to build this if i provide a photo of what i need?

stairs.jpg

You should consider importing the picture as a material that you an apply to a panel.  An actual 3D symbol would be extremely difficult and would also be a memory hog due to the number of faces.

• Like 1

I could probably do it for you.  It would really depend on how accurate you need it to be though.  It could get pretty expensive really fast if you need it to be super intricate and fitting it into the schedule would be a lot trickier.  If the intricate details are super important it might be more cost effective to have someone else build it but I don't know who to recommend.  Anyway, if you want to discuss further send me an email at alaskansons@gmail.com

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, snoopy1963 said:

You can model it in SketchUp then import it into Chief. I do most of my custom blocks and symbols that way and it works. Perhaps other Chief users have a different way of doing it. 

yes, but i dont use Sketchup, so i am looking to hire someone to create it for me. Any suggestions on a resource to hire someone to make this?

Have you done any research into the actual manufacturing of the panel ?   Unless it is all going to be done by hand you may be able to get a model from the CNC design data depending on the level of commitment from the client.

I was just thinking if you have a fabricator with  the design skills you need and the client is fairly sure you could get the accuracy you need and not pay for a preliminary mockup from someone else.  Potentially saving money in the long haul.

If it is just a matter of getting and Idea of the scale in your model then I would go with Joe's suggestion and clean up the image in photo shop and delete the background and apply it as a .png material to a railing panel.

To actually answer your original question, I have two suggestions:

1. Post a "Help Wanted" style advertisement under the Seeking Services topic:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/15-seeking-services/

This topic is mainly for offering, or requestion objects that you can add to the library, not for hiring people.

2. Take a look around the web or at specific hiring sites. A few examples:
https://www.upwork.com/hire/3d-modelers/
https://www.freelancer.com/freelancers/skills/threed_modelling/
https://www.cadcrowd.com/

Another thing to consider might be to research who made that object and see if there is a digital asset out there already, either offered on the original manufacturer's website or made by another, independent, party.

5 hours ago, shawnpenoyer1 said:

I need to find a resource to have a specific staircase panel built that i can then import into my design plan. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to hire someone to build this if i provide a photo of what i need?

stairs.jpg

Buy me a California Lunch?

5ac7d2d98245e_CustomRailingPic.thumb.jpg.193a187cc09fc76d19bac4afbb0b016e.jpg

Ornate Railing Panel and Fixture.calibz

Click link above. Two files included, one is a railing panel that is best used placed inside an open railing

the second is a standalone fixture with railing included.

Modify stretch planes as needed

Built for PBR...doesnt look as good in standard view, need to pull out metal map if you just want standard 3d view

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Nice work Rene,   I suppose you will be eating steak for lunch.

LOL, sounds good to me

If anyone just wants this in normal 3d, use the "adjust material definition" tool and go to the properties tab and delete the metal map. Without the metal map the gold will not look gold in PBR

On 4/6/2018 at 1:06 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Buy me a California Lunch?

5ac7d2d98245e_CustomRailingPic.thumb.jpg.193a187cc09fc76d19bac4afbb0b016e.jpg

Ornate Railing Panel and Fixture.calibz

Click link above. Two files included, one is a railing panel that is best used placed inside an open railing

the second is a standalone fixture with railing included.

Modify stretch planes as needed

Built for PBR...doesnt look as good in standard view, need to pull out metal map if you just want standard 3d view

Nicely done Rene , especially considering  the Original Image posted....

Hope you got that Fancy lunch...well worth it by the looks.... :)

1 hour ago, shawnpenoyer1 said:

is there a way to make this railing curved as well or would i need to create a separate curved object too? im trying to create the attached stair rail and upper landing that is curved inward.

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Set your railing as a panel style and set the balusters and rails to the specs of your iron posts and rails. Then in 3d place the railing I made and use the material grabber tool to paint the custom material on the curved panel of the railing you just made. The only problem will be that the material paints on both sides of the panel. It should suffice for a client who isnt overly particular

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn,  You should be able to adjust the angle and scale of the railing panel material in the images you just posted to make them more consistent with the horizontal sections. Maybe even make the railing and newels match a little better.  Not sure what exactly the client requested but maybe something like the attached clip.

Railing for Shawn.JPG