Herring Bone & Parquet Patterns

NeilofOZ

X9 - Have imported a carpet tile ( 500 x 500 ) and can't show the patterns that I want. 

Checked a recent on line topic from a user and the respondents stated patterns should be changed in both the "pattern" & "texture" windows,

I can see in the pattern window where the pattern is displayed and options provided, but in the texture window, the only additional info is by way

of the x,y & angle which I presumed is meant for the pattern origin. In the texture source box i have included the location of the material, but nothing happens.

I have similar problem with the beech flooring, ie the pattern doesn't show a planking detail.  

What other input in the Texture menu is required.

Shopfit Flooring.jpg

If you are talking about seeing Herringbone or Parquet Layouts in 3D views , then you need to supply a seamless texture of said Pattern for CA to Use, it cannot convert a square Texture into those styles for you automatically. ( same as it can't for Tile as the texture includes the grout lines etc)

You need to be VERY Specific on what you are calling a Pattern here cos a "Pattern" (.pat file) is only seen in Vector Views ...I see planks (strips on general tab) ) on the Floor in your standard view at least I think I do , to me that's a weird view :)

M.

Think I am getting it:-

CARPET

I will have to provide CA a layout of the tile arrangement, say I setout 4 x 4 tiles in "Photoshop" or "Paint" and import them as a pic for my new material,

I can then input the area of the pic into the materials dialogue, OK.

I did stumbled across the Parquet layout when I mistakenly had the camera in Vector mode while doing a 3D viewing, so I know a bit more on what your telling me.

PLANKING

In the Pic I sent, I have just shown the standard Beech material from CA's library and specified them as a plank, which doesn't look too hot and not what I needed.

The real material is a vinyl planking which I can source from the supplier, but obviously I will have to do as per above to get the proper 3D effect.  

Please confirm is this done in the "Define Material - Texture - Scale" boxes.

Thanks heaps for your quick reply, Neil. 

Mick, 

Have re-sent the floor plan with two samples of the carpet arrangement which is required ( see right side adjacent the entry counters ) the one on the right is a

symbol created object and left one is a CA object creation, both of these are in my library, but I cant access these when I want to change the material definition

Have also attached an image of the carpet tile as i have tried with several "photo applications" and I cant import 4 images to arrange a layout, if this was the case

then I would be confident on solving the problem. 

Does this help you in any way, Neil.

Shopfit Carpeting.jpg

Carpet tiles 4..jpg

18 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Mick, 

Have re-sent the floor plan with two samples of the carpet arrangement which is required ( see right side adjacent the entry counters ) the one on the right is a

symbol created object and left one is a CA object creation, both of these are in my library, but I cant access these when I want to change the material definition

Have also attached an image of the carpet tile as i have tried with several "photo applications" and I cant import 4 images to arrange a layout, if this was the case

then I would be confident on solving the problem. 

Does this help you in any way, Neil.

Shopfit Carpeting.jpg

Carpet tiles 4..jpg

Well it seems that Rob beat me to it Neal, ( told you there are lots of helpful people here :))  and likely did a better Job than me too, I had forgotten about Gimp actually.... hopefully His file will get the job done for you.

M.

Fellas,

Brilliant, my sanity has been restored.

See attached, feeling much better and will start playing with GIMP now, beats having to go through the same process with CA.

Thank God for CA's forum, Neil.

Shopfit Parquet Carpet.jpg

23 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Fellas,

Brilliant, my sanity has been restored.

See attached, feeling much better and will start playing with GIMP now, beats having to go through the same process with CA.

Thank God for CA's forum, Neil.

Shopfit Parquet Carpet.jpg

Looks like it worked out well :)

M.