Adding an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet to layout file?

10eighty

Hey guys,

I like printing my site plans on 8.5 x 11 paper.  Is it possible to add an 8.5 x 11 sheet to my layout file?  I have a hell of a time printing letter size to scale.  Does anybody have any advice?

Cheers,

Randy

Randy:

if the settings are done properly any size paper should be to scale

one method I use for paper size is to draw on 18 x 24 for 1/4" scale with a border giving 17 x 22

then if needed I can print at 50% and it fits nicely on 8.5 x 11 for 1/8" scale

same with 24 x  36 with a border for 22 x 34 for 1/4" scale which gives 11 x 17 at 50% for 1/8" scale

Lew 

On 4/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

You can only have one sheet size in a Layout, but you can have more than one Layout for a project.  You are just limited to having only on open at a time - without some special gymnastics which I don't recommend.

I thought I read recently here that you could have multiple Sheets sizes setup in Layout and then Print to whichever you needed ?

Maybe I am not remembering that correctly ?

M.

18 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I thought I read recently here that you could have multiple Sheets sizes setup in Layout and then Print to whichever you needed ?

Yes you can have multiples but you then need to switch between sheet sizes and only one sheet size can be printed at any one time.

Thanks guys , I finally found the Thread which I had read about this in and The video Scott made a about it , I had not thought about using Layersets and Anno Sets in Layout to do this, I use them in Plan and have always just sent to the layout size I need.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17201-apply-new-layout-sheet/?tab=comments#comment-144532