Flooring material

Designer1

I used a library wood flooring material and added a custom paint stain on it and want to add it to the library.  I use to be able to use the rainbow tool or double click on the room and go to materials dbx and then click on add to library.  Those options arent available.  Ive done this 1000 times and dont know why the add to library button wont show.  Im using an older plan forwarded to x9.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

A little confused the way you have stated things but you should be able to use the rainbow tool to edit the material but then you need to get to Plan Materials to add it to the Library and if you are editing with the intention of immediately adding to Library you can accomplish it all from the Plan Materials DBX.  Hope that helps to clarify a bit...

• Upvote 1

Yeah thats the strange thing is Im not able to find the material.  I have the tongue and groove flooring then I used a custom gray color to stain the wood.  When I double click the room where the flooring is located and get to the materials tab, when I select the flooring it shows but when you go to select material it doesnt find it because its not in the library yet, I just created it.  Im just trying to add it to my library.  I must have a plan that got messed up being its an old chief plan.  Usually within a couple clicks I can easily add materials to my library, not sure why this scenario is creating challenges.

FINALLY!  I open and closed the plan several times, I was just about ready to copy and paste the entire plan into a brand new X9 plan and then the icon showed up.  SO I was able to 'add to library'.  So strange, this simple task has always been so easy, glad it finally corrected itself.  Clearly the old plan forwarded into X9 was problematic.

Thanks for all the time and replies everyone!