BLOOCKING DOOR & WINDOW Non Flat Top

ChiefChris1

I've gotten this error message once before.
It doesn't make any sense to me.
I'm adding a transom over a door and I want to block them together. The sidelights are blocked. The windows overtop are blocked. But it won't let me block top to bottom. I'm doing this the same way I've done it for 20 years.

This bugs me. What is an opening with a non-flat top??

door.jpg

39 minutes ago, solver said:

Thanks.  But, the "solution" in there was to make sure that the actual tops are all the same.
The door and the windows are all at 80"
The exterior casing is 4 1/2" on both the door and the windows.
the interior casing is 2 1/4" CA-03 with 5/8" reveal & overlap on both the windows and the door
no lintels

I can't figure out what is making the bottom opening a "not flat top" opening.

sample.plan

• 1 month later...

Same problem AGAIN...

Except this time, it's with a door, 2 sidelights, and a transom over all three.

I block the sides and door together.  Then try to block the transom...NO GO.
Same error message, saying I can't block a non-flat top opening.

I try blocking a side light with the transom first...that works, then blocking the door and the other sidelight and it tells me I can't block something more than 24" apart.

In all my decades of using Chief, this has never been a problem.  I don't understand. 

Legacy Hummelstown Porch AS BUILT.plan

doors.png

53 minutes ago, ChiefChris1 said:

and get the 24" error message.

I get this sometimes still. I just tried it again and it worked this time. Drew a siding wall, added door, added sidelites, added transom. Blocked door and sidelites and then blocked that unit with the transom. I have done it that way for years like ChiefChris1 said. But it does not always work and I don't know why. In some plans it is just contrary.

1 hour ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I get this sometimes still. I just tried it again and it worked this time. Drew a siding wall, added door, added sidelites, added transom. Blocked door and sidelites and then blocked that unit with the transom. I have done it that way for years like ChiefChris1 said. But it does not always work and I don't know why. In some plans it is just contrary.

I just did it in another plan....blocked the door with the sidelights...and then blocked the transom overhead.  It worked.
But, it doesn't work in the plan I'm working on.

I start with the same default drawing.