RCZKratzer

best to provide pics and the plan .....

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum
Toggle it on in UserName>Account >Signatures...... go to the Upper RH Corner of Forum Window.
M.

I've experienced the same thing with most recent update. In my case I had a layout file with a perspective full overview with "Physically Based" render technique that worked fine until the update.  Now it's a blank layout box. I've duplicated my situation in this image. 5aca6297ceea0_ScreenShot2018-04-08at2_40_34PM.thumb.png.4bca93071b4ae893326ee6c4678eb910.png

28 minutes ago, DG1949 said:

I've experienced the same thing with most recent update. In my case I had a layout file with a perspective full overview with "Physically Based" render technique that worked fine until the update.  Now it's a blank layout box. I've duplicated my situation in this image. 5aca6297ceea0_ScreenShot2018-04-08at2_40_34PM.thumb.png.4bca93071b4ae893326ee6c4678eb910.png

There are issues with the new update if you export in PNG or any other Transparent File type (eg TIF) , perhaps this is something similar?