dimension on screen changes

Lorenchief

I'm trying to figure out why I can sometimes click on a dimension on screen and type in the new dimension and other times not find where to click. Am I missing something? I can't find any clear answer in the user guides. Trying to pull a line can be really tedious while simply typing in a number is a sure thing.

I agree with Robert, in that one's level of zoom directly effects your video card's ability to differentiate between the numerous possible selections in an area. After all the software is merely a mechanical device, that does not "know" what you are trying to do from one moment to the next.

DJP

I would think an improvement might be to add the dimension in the editing screen at least. In that screen it would be a simple change like a window or door dimension rather than fiddling around with a line or trying to find a handle.

Hover over the dimension you want to change. If your pointer changes to a hand, you can click the dimension to open it and edit it. If it does not change, at least two conditions are possible:

1) the dimension is not connected to that object in a way that allows that dimension to be edited. Connecting the dimension to the object may allow you to edit the dimension.

2) you're zoomed out too far. When locating objects using temporary dimensions, at times you must zoom in to activate the hand cursor that allows you to edit the dimension.

Other conditions may also cause dimensions to not be editable, perhaps other users will say if there are.