Floor framing labeling on layout

Chris_Kelly

Morning all,

So I'm currious how everyone handles labeling and displaying floor framing on their layouts. I feel like it can get a little confusing at first glance to someone unfamiliar with how Chief works because if I have a page with the first floor of a house, the floor framing displayed is for the second floor. So what I'll usually do is label it first floor ceiling framing, so I don't have to write first floor floor framing. I know I could also use a CAD detail of the framing and display it on the floor I want. I'm sure theres got to be a better way to do it so theres little chance of confusion. How do you do it?

2 things here...

1. Its pretty standard drafting procedure in my experience to display floor framing with the walls BELOW and it has nothing to do with Chief.  It's just the way its done.  I have seen some draftsmen draw walls above along with their floor framing and I have occasionally done the same thing as well with really faint lines, but these are usually IN ADDITION to the walls below and not instead of the walls below.
  2. If you want to display floor framing on a different floor, you don't need to use a CAD detail.  You can either overlap views in layout or you can use the reference display and reference the floor below using a layer set with everything turned off except for the floor framing.