I need some foundation help

Michael_Lewis

I am needing some help. I am still not great with this program. I have gotten fairly efficient but still have a lot to learn. I have changed my garage slab to 1-1/2" below the house slab. That for some reason seams to have changed the porches as well (mainly the back porch. I cant seem to figure it out and i am sure its something easy. Can someone please give me a hand here. I have included the drawings i have thus far. It wont let me post anything over 25MB here. I have to zip unless you have another idea.

Watson_Plan_111_CR_2229.zip

Solver, I see the same. I just changed it and it took effect. I was changing it before and i would revert back automatically. Now it looks like it took. I still have a grey front on one of the columns on the back porch. It is even with the slab edge so im not sure why its pushing the slab out right there.

I guess i havent updated my program yet either. I cant open your drawing but i know what your talking about with the room definitions. I havent gotten it the porch slab where i want it but I think i can get by with my notes on the slab plan to fix that. As long as it looks right on the elevations. 

I have 9x premier so i am running the update now. Ill open the drawing once i have the update installed. I changed the walls on the collumns like you said. It will cost me a lot more work to delete my foundation and start that over because copy/paste my plumbing fixtures onto my foundation drawings and dimension them there for the rough in. Anyway, If i can get that column right i think i can make the rest work. I have sent the floor issue to Cheif also. They said that in the room specs>structure, i should be able to change all of those sizes. However, on mine it was like they were all connected. I couldnt change one without it changing the others automatically. They are looking into it for me. It will probably be fixed now that i am upgrading though lol. Thank you for your help.

I did what you said on the columns and made the invisible wall continues and there is still something in front of that one column in the 3d view. It wont let me pick it or do anything with it. I have no idea what it is. I have moved all the columns like 8 inches from the edge and that one still has what looks like a polyline solid in front of it but it still wont let me pick it.

Ok ill work on the porch slab. The front porch, it had corners missing out of the slab so i used PL solid to fill in the whole lol. My biggest problems working this program is foundation and roof. I am getting the roof a little better but foundation is still kicking my butt.

Howdy Michael,

For the columns on the back porch, I just deleted the short foundation walls that were under each column. Just go down to your foundation level and use the marquee select for those areas, turning the reference floor on for the columns above if you want to find them easily. I suspect that you had an extraneous foundation wall under a column and then copied it when you copy the columns.

You should not need a footing under a grade beam in that location, but if you want a footing use a footing not a foundation wall or align it on the outside edge.

I'm looking at your plan in X9 and I'm showing the garage slab at -1 1/2" already.

Regards,

Charles

Correct, the garage is but i would like to make both porches the same and its not letting me for some reason. I can make due with it though because i have noted it on the slab plan. I got the foundation under the column fixed thank you so much.