Display options

stager386

Thank you.  It works for some objects but not for all.

I meant to also ask about the dimensions format for manual dimensions. Any way to get the number to have a transparent background? When the number has a white background it covers up some of the item I am measuring.  Thanks!

Chopsaw I have looked at all text style options and can't find an option for making dimensions appear in a transparent box. Is this under defaults or preferences? I have looked everywhere.  Also I do not have a DBX symbol, regarding my other question.

Thanks

Unfortunately there are many ways to achieve this, but lets assume that you only need to change the ones the interfere occasionally.

Select the dimension or string and open it to the Dimension tab and click Define then switch to Use Custom Text Style and then under Options select Transparent.

As for the symbol DBX it is a little confusing at first because the one object has 2 DBX's.  Look for this one on your toolbar when the symbol is selected. 5abd385778b7c_EditSymbolSpecificationTool.jpg.8c43d88783b7e34024203ab15e6f7a06.jpg

10 minutes ago, stager386 said:

To make furniture appear shaded, however, they will not all allow me to color them. Some will.

I think that depends on the original configuration of the cad block so you would have to rebuild the cad block and add the fill zones that you require.