My Chief Architect Has Expired - How Can This Be

CJSpud

Late yesterday I was working in a project that I planned to finnish up today ... blocking some objects ... when the following dialog box popped up:

post-191-0-76658000-1393688618_thumb.jpg

I clicked on Cancel or the X to close the dialog and was able to continue working with Chief so I didn't think too much of it.  My SSA has always expired at the end of February.

Today, in trying to open CA X6, the same dialog popped up with the results shown in the image below:

post-191-0-24961400-1393688663_thumb.jpg

I have a BUNCH of work I was planning to complete this weekend and I cannot afford to be without Chief functioning as it should.  I renewed my SSA in December to take advantage of the price break offering.  Someone inside Chief's sales department has obviously dropped the ball and didn't upgrade my membership such that my records show that I am "paid up" and that my SSA is good for another year!  Either that or there's some glitch in the programming or whatever techniques are used to update users' SSA membership.  It seems to me that even if I didn't upgrade my SSA, that I should still be able to use X6.  What on earth is happening here????

This is CRITICAL for me to get this fixed NOW!!!  I don't care who has to go down to the office and make the change THIS MORNING ... Scott Harris... or ??? or ??? .... someone needs to go down and get my membership reactivated as it should have been in the first place.  I would use some explitives to show how happy I am but will refrain from doing that under the assumption that one of the moderators will take the bull by the horns and make a call to whoever has responsibility in this area.

If this is or starts happening to many other Chief users, you're going to have a bunch of very happy campers to deal with.  Hopefully (for others), I am the only "lucky one". 

Thank you.

Curtis,  did you go to your digital locker and redownload the program.  We all went through this yesterday.  You must redownload,  (you will get another product key).

Others simply went to their digital locker and copied the new product key and put that in the dialog box that states that your license has expired.  I suspect you should be  up and running in 30 minutes.

Thanks Scott ... I didn't spend much time on ChiefTalk yesterday and didn't see the other thread.  If this is part of all the new and improved security that is being implemented, it is a little annoying to have to do this.

I am up and running .... thanks to all who responded. 

To the Chief dudes, I retract all the nice things I was thinking this a.m.

Perry:  Didn't they in the past use to send us an email or some sort of notification that we had to get our new product key and do another downloard?  Or did I miss an announcement somewhere?

Thanks Andy.  Maybe I did ... if so, I might have not looked at it close enough knowing that I had already did my renewal and thinking it didn't apply or something.  I only have 8Gb's of Ram ... I think I need more!