Video Card

Greg_NY61

On 4/2/2018 at 6:41 PM, Greg_NY61 said:

Thanks, fellas! This is so confusing, I can build a house in my sleep but I can't figure out these fk gadgets. I will stop by tomorrow and talk to Geeksquad and see what they can come up with.

@Kbird, when I installed EVGA and it didn't work, I called them and the guy told me that a 3.0 will not work with a 2.0 motherboard. You and other people saying otherwise. 

When I was buying my PC this where the video card choice options at the time:

GeForce GT 530 (2 GB)
GeForce GT 545 (3 GB)
GeForce GTX 550i (1 GB)
GeForce GTX 580 (1.5 GB)
Radeon HD 6570 (1 GB)
Radeon HD 6670 (1 GB)
Radeon HD 6850 (1 GB)

So since you guys saying x10 needs at least 4GB video card I'm trying to find one with the min of 4GB that will work with my PC. I will try Geek Squad see what they say.

Thanks again for all the help, I will let you know what happens when it happens.

With that said, I don't know why I get that bullseye effect only in CA, I use Thea rendering program with SketchUp and I don't have any issues at all, has to do something with the rendering engine.

Hi Greg , not sure if you noticed of tried it but today's CA Update to 20.2 has some fixes for Intel and AMD CARDS in the 5000-6000 series....maybe you got a reprieve?

2.14 3D Rendering
• Fixed an issue that occurred on some Macs with Intel graphics chipsets that caused
artifacts to appear in 3D views when Reflections were on.
• Fixed an issue that caused artifacts in 3D views on systems using Intel 630/620 graphics
chipsets.
Improved rendering performance on systems with older ATI Radeon 5000-6000 series
graphics cards.

• Fixed a problem that sometimes prevented shadows from generating when using the
Cross Section Slider.
• Fixed an issue that caused shadows to be out of date after editing clipping planes using
the Cross Section Slider.
• Fixed a problem on Windows computers with Intel 620/630 graphics chipsets that prevented
the Physically Based Rendering Technique from working correctly.
• Fixed a specific case in which the ceiling was lit incorrectly in the Physically Based Rendering
Technique.
• Fixed a problem that caused views using the Physically Based Rendering Technique to
be extremely bright when 'Improve Lighting Quality' was turned on.

Mick.