Fundamental Misunderstanding Of The Room Structure Tab

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

I'm not sure I will EVER understand the Room Structure tab and if there's anything I would change tomorrow about the program it would be this 'feature'.

I've built a thousand mono-slabs but for some reason I cannot get this slab to look correct in a back clipped section. The floor height is set at -24"and I've tried every thing I can think of but I keep getting this short stem wall or even an extra 4" slab in the section. I'm sure it's simple to someone but my brain does not work well with the structure tab. Any help greatly appreciated.

Here's my latest section cut.

post-302-0-57809800-1407518345_thumb.png

Plan

FOOTING STEP 2.zip

I've checked and unchecked mono slab a thousand times this morning. Changed the SWT another thousand times. Rebuilt everything a hindred times.

With a new plan and a floor height of 0" everything works great but as soon as i lower the floor to '24" all the SWT's and all other incomprehensible acronyms do a number on the section and my brain. Sigh - very frustrated.

Looks to me like you built it with a Stem wall foundation with 16" footing and 8" wall not a Slab

You might be right Mick. I'll check that out. Come to think of it the main house has a stem wall and the guest house will be on slab. That must be it.

I don't think I've built 2 different foundation types in one plan before. Can it be done?